Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Final Blog Post

1. What seminar readings, exercises, or assignments were most challenging, interesting, or rewarding for you? Why?
Even though it was a pretty small assignment, I really loved the egg drop. Having the structure that Abby and I designed and built survive through that fall felt really rewarding. I wish we could have done more things like this where we directly applied the design principles we learned to a project.
I also was intrigued by our discussions on store design. It made me reconsider my surroundings and the choices other people made to influence my decisions. I will now always be conscious of owner’s manipulations because of this class.
2. What are the most important things you learned in this seminar?
Everything about the world of design can be narrowed down to its visceral, behavioral, and reflective qualities. A good design (of anything) should take into account the way it affects the user through these three lanes.
3. How might you use this learning in the future?
I am now more aware of the ways in which I am manipulated by the advertizing and design industry. I can consciously choose to succumb to these influences or counteract them now, rather than being oblivious to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment